motor sport is dangerous
In exchange for being able to attend or participate in the event, you agree:
- to release Confederation of Australian Motor Sport Ltd ("CAMS") and Australian Motor Sport Commission Ltd, promoters, sponsor organisations, land owners and lessees, organisers of the event, their respective servants, officials, representatives and agents (collectively, the "Associated Entities") from all liability for your death, personal injury (including burns), psychological trauma, loss or damage (including property damage) ("harm") howsoever arising from your participation in or attendance at the event, except to the extent prohibited by law;
- that CAMS and the Associated Entities do not make any warranty, implied or express, that the event services will be provided with due care and skill or that any materials provided in connection with the services will be fit for the purpose for which they are supplied; and
- to attend or participate in the event at your own risk. You acknowledge that:
- the risks associated with attending or participating in the event include the risk that you may suffer harm as a result of:
- motor vehicles (or parts of them) colliding with other motor vehicles, persons or property;
- acts of violence and other harmful acts (whether intentional or inadvertent) committed by persons attending or participating in the event; and
- the failure or unsuitability of facilities (including grand-stands, fences and guard rails) to ensure the safety of persons or property at the event.
- motor sport is dangerous and that accidents causing harm can and do happen and may happen to you. You accept the conditions of, and acknowledge the risks arising from, attending or participating in the event and being provided with the event services by CAMS and the Associated Entities.
The fencing erected around this circuit is there for your own protection. It is forbidden to stand, sit or climb on any such fences.
In the interest of safety, dogs are not permitted at the course.
The Organising Committee of today’s races has made every effort to ensure the safety of spectators at this meeting. In the interest of public safety, all areas other than the official spectator areas are PROHIBITED. The spectator areas are plainly defined and spectators are requested to keep behind the safety fence at all times. In the event of an accident on the circuit, the public MUST remain behind the safety fence as their entry to the circuit may cause further accidents and hinder officials.
The Organisers accept entries and drivers’ nominations in good faith. Every effort is made to adhere to the printed programme of competitors, but the Promoters cannot accept responsibility for the failure of any driver or car to appear. Although every endeavour is made to avoid inaccuracies in the description of competing cars, the Organisers accept no responsibility for any that may occur. The Organisers reserve the right to postpone, abandon or cancel the meeting or any part thereof.
All material in this web site and magazine is copyright and must not be used without permission of the publishers. The opinions of the contributors are not necessarily those held by the publishers, nor those held by the race promoters.
Vehicles are permitted to enter and park on condition that the Organisers are not under any liability whether in contract or in tort and whether for negligence as an occupier of on any other basis or for any cause of action, for loss of, damage to, the vehicle or its contents no matter how or whether such may be caused.